Thursday, July 23, 2015

Hello Michigan

We have not done a 100 mile day this week however today is the 4th day in a row where we have done more than 80 miles. Today was also once again a bit hilly as we meandered our way around the many lakes of northern Wisconsin. Total climbing amounted to 2700 ft today. The countryside is indeed beautiful but we pay a price as we pedal through it.

Early in the day a big bug flew into my (Steve) face and stung me after getting trapped between my glasses and temple. Out of reflex I swung at it knocking my glasses and our GPS tracker off. I managed to catch my glasses but the tracker went bouncing down the road. Thankfully we didn't crash and aside from the bug sting we were ok. A little later another bug flow down my jersey and strung me on the chest. Then we lost part of our load that was strapped to our BOB trailer and Marcia had to walk back for it.

It is amazing how many lakes there are in this area. Some of the lakes look so inviting if we had only thought to have brought our kayaks. Maybe another day we will do a car trip.

My reflection on a map showing the many lakes

We also saw signs for fruit stands only they were off the main road and the signs weren't kind enough to tell us how far. So we just kept pedaling even though the thought of fresh raspberries sounded wonderful.

We are now in Michigan. We can add Wisconsin to our list of completed states. Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, and now Wisconsin all belong to our list.

Miles today = 83

Total miles = 2656

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh no, stings. I hope you had something to put on them. Good thing you have a nurse with you. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So glad you didn't crash-it really hurts. Hope the bugs in Michigan are kinder to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So glad you didn't crash-it really hurts. Hope the bugs in Michigan are kinder to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So glad you didn't crash-it really hurts. Hope the bugs in Michigan are kinder to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you didn't lose your GPS tracker. Bad enough you had to suffer the stings of bugs.

    ReplyDelete